Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Petty Parody

Josh did another parody in youth group, but this time he wrote it himself! This guy never ceases to amaze me! It is to Tom Petty's song "Free Fallin" but it is called, "He's Callin'"

I feel really bad, I cut off the applauds again! But the teens loved it and cheered and applauded at the end!


Here are the Lyrics:

Well I’m a bad boy, I know I’m a sinner,
I love sleeping, and slackin off too,
I’m a bad boy, but I know I need Jesus,
He loves me, and he died for me too.
(John 3:16)

Well it’s a long day, livin here in Jasper,
There’s a freeway, running through the town,
And I’m a bad boy, but I know I need Jesus,
I’m a bad boy, for breakin his heart.

Now it’s me
He’s callin…
Yeah it’s me…
He’s callin…

And all the bad things, livin down inside me,
They come to, they come to my mind,
Yeah the bad things, are hiding in the shadows,
Can’t do good things… even when I try.
(Romans 7:15-25)

Now it’s me
He’s callin…
Yeah it’s me…
He’s callin…

Wanna get my, life right with Jesus,
Wanna find that, home in the sky,
Gonna trust Him, to forgive all the bad things,
Cause He’s the Way the, Truth and the Life.
(John 14:6)

Now it’s me
He’s callin…
Yeah it’s me…
He’s callin…

3 comments:

TK said...

I L-O-V-E IT! I WANT TO GO TO YOUR CHURCH TOO! :) JOSH, YOU MAKE FOLLOWING JESUS SO MUCH FUN!
LOVE,
MOM

MOMMYXTHREE said...

I never knew you could sing and play guitar. You were great! Shane Sr. plays bass and sings gospel----he watched the clip---nice job!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Josh, wonderful way to reach teens.It makes me miss hearing you play and sing in the house.Love you Mom