Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey
Allergy Answered Prayer
Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Annabelle's Appointment
Today we went to the hospital to get two tests done to see if Annabelle had Vesicoureteral Reflux. The first test they performed was an ultrasound, and besides being a little wiggly she did rather well. The second test which actually diagnosed the reflux is called a voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG), which is an X-ray of the bladder. She didn't even cry or fuss when they put the catheter in, which the nurse said was the most painful part, but she did not like it when they had to strap her down. It was tough, but I knew it was going to help us find out whether or not she had this. You could see the dye they injected her bladder with flow up to her little kidney. The Doctor was really helpful explaining everything, and showing me that she for sure had it on her left side. He isn't sure yet if it is a stage 2 or stage 3. Higher grades of reflux are associated with greater risk of kidney damage. However, since we've caught it before she got another UTI and has been on antibiotics for about a month, reflux improves or disappears in many children because they outgrow it. The lower the grade of reflux, the more likely it is to disappear. My niece also has this and she is now 4 and completely healthy! I couldn't leave this update without leaving a pic and a short video!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Glad you were all able to catch it so soon. She is just precious!!
I love how u said "GOOD GIRL" lol she is SOOO Cute!! i want to see her soon!!
pops & granny are praying! thank God for doctors, medical test and antibiotics that cure this!
love,
mom
Aww...Poor Annie. Kara said "I wish we had Annabelle"
That was so darn cute! I love the video.
Thank you for keeping us posted. I'm glad you caught all of Annabelle's belly issues early! You two are great parents for being so attentive!! She's lucky to have you!
xxoo
We will be praying for sweet Annabelle.
I am so thankful for the Mommy and Daddy that Annabelle has that take such care of her.
She is so precious.
Love you all
Sharon
I love the pics of her! Chris said she is good at getting around in her walker! Take more video of her! We love them!
Praying that it improves and disappears!
Love the walker.....she is so darn cute,,,,,,,I love her hair:)
Post a Comment