Most of you know that I started school this week, but so did Josh! He started Seminary this week at
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. He will be pursuing a Master of Arts in Old Testament. Last Fall he started Hebrew with Colin Smith and was still taking Hebrew from him when Colin unexpectedly passed away this summer. Colin did such a great job teaching that Josh passed the Hebrew placement exam at Grand Rapids! This is a big deal as Hebrew is a two day a week class and we live 3 hours from the Seminary. Now Josh only has to go in one day a week. This semester he is taking an OT class and the book of Jeremiah. All that know Josh, know that he is a continual student, so he is so excited to be back in school again!
I started back full time this week teaching 3rd grade. I absolutely loved it. I have 44 total students; 22 students in each class. I am teaching Math, Social Studies, and Character Education/Bullying. Because of all of the orientation stuff I've only started teaching Math and this next week we'll dive into the other two subjects. It has been a lot easier of a transition than I thought it would be.
Annabelle started back to Miss Cindy's this week. She had a tough time the first day when Daddy left her, but did great the rest of the week. She really loves the kids and Miss Cindy. I couldn't ask for a better sitter. We feel truly blessed to have found Cindy.
Here are some pics of our days back!
Annabelle with Miss Cindy in the morning, not too happy. :-(
This was the only one Josh got of her.

My picture was actually taken after school. I wanted to get a picture with my co-teacher, but the day flew by so fast we never had time! Also, I had high heel shoes on and they were off by the time Josh took this pic!
6 comments:
awwww. i hope both yours and josh's school year go well. :-) annie is too cute on her first day back at day care... love that kid
You look great! I'm sure you are an awesome teacher! Annie is too cute! I'm sure it won't be long and she will be crying to stay and not want to go home!
awww first days all around. Good luck to all!
We will be praying for all of you as you start the fall. Love Mom
you look great Danielle. I hope the year is awesome for you. Yeah for Josh as he starts up at Seminary and Praise the Lord for letting him test out of Hebrew. What a blessing. Annabelle looked so sad to go to daycare but so glad to hear that she is HAPPY now. She probably loves being with the other kids!!!
I love back to school time : )! I was wondering about your flip flops, but totally understand if it is the end of the day! Your dress is so cute! I am glad the baby is happy at Miss Cindy's, and WAY to GO Josh with the Hebrew! That kid is so smart! Love him!
Post a Comment