Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

We were so blessed again this year to have the Wilsons come out and visit with us for the Easter weekend. We colored eggs, they came to Annabelle's swim lesson, went out to eat and celebrated Easter with us.

Josh preached at the Easter Sunrise service this morning. I had a few people come up to me afterwards and said, I must be so proud of him, and the answer is of course I am. What I love though about listening to Josh is that I learn from him just like everyone else. Today he had 4 main points.
  1. Jesus was buried in the right place. --one thing Josh mentioned that I never thought about before was that the first act of disobedience took place in a garden, and the greatest act of obedience, Christ's burial, also took place at a garden.
  2. Jesus was buried in the right way.--another great point mentioned was that at his birth myrrh was brought to him and he was wrapped in a swaddling cloth and at this burial part of the procedure required the use of myrrh and swaddling clothes.
  3. Jesus appeared to the right people.--In Jewish law it took two male witness to testify if something were true, that is why Mary went and got John and Peter to witness that he was missing from the tomb.
  4. Jesus arose at the right time.--He saved his best miracle for last...his resurrection from the dead!
What I love about teaching social studies is that when I teach about religions I get to say that Christians are the ONLY ones with a risen God! All other religions have gods have died and are still dead or never lived! What a joy it is to know we believe in a God that has not been conquered by the grave, but has overcome it and, therefore, we will too!

Afterward the services, we had Shannon and Harely over for Easter Dinner. Here is a picture of our Easter weekend.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

6 comments:

TK said...

Love the photos and the Music! Thank God our Savior lives! Great message tell Josh!
love,
Mom :)

Anonymous said...

What a great lesson! I am sitting here at work, feeling SO overwhelmed, and this helped me remember that we serve a LIVING GOD. I love that! Love the Easter pictures of your little princess. She is too precious!

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful Easter!!
Danielle the Easter dinner was delicious. Josh the message was wonderful, I always learn from you.
Annebelle you are priceless, such a joy to play with and spend time with. Grandpa and Grandma and Auntie Em loved being with all of you.Great post Danielle!! This makes me miss you all so much!!!! Love and miss you Mom

Jenna_Marie12 said...

I just wanted to tell you that Annabelle is adorable!! I know you already know that but having her in the nursery was awesome because I dont normally see her I cant believe how much she has grown up!! All she wanted to talk about was the Easter bunny and daddy ha ha oh and by the way i put pics up of my formal on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I came to see an M! Where is the M Danielle Sunshine?

KK said...

Great post! It must be cool to hear Josh preach!!