Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Precious & Powerful Prayers

P is for
Precious & Powerful Prayers
ABC Wednesday

Precious Prayer

The Most Important Place on Earth, my parents gave us this book on CD and Josh and I have been listening to it for the past couple of weeks whenever we take the truck. Josh is the one who got me into listening to it. He has already listened to the whole thing! One of the topics he talks about is praying with your child. We have been praying with Annabelle since she was born, but our prayers have changed quite a bit since she's been in her toddler bed and understands so much more.

This past month when we finish praying she'll say, "I pray." Tonight this was her prayer, it was so precious..."I pray Pops feels better, (whispering) I pray... I pray... I pray Daddy....feels better...(normal voice) I pray Daddy feels better, Amen" It was like she was trying to work out the right words..it was so precious!!! I thought the Lord must be smiling down on her precious prayer and I pray that he answers because both of them are sick.

Powerful Prayer

I was able to talk with April this week, the teacher who took the LEP teaching position, which opened my position back up. One thing that we both realized was that about a month ago I had been waking up in the middle of the night with this urge to pray about my job! I didn't know if I was to pray that I would get it back or what but I would just pray. This was at the same time that she was struggling to decide if she should take the job and was prepared with her, "No!" She too was waking up in the middle of the night unsettled about her answer! We were amazed to realize that the Lord was using both of us to pray for his will to be done in both our lives. I am so thankful for her allowing the Lord to guide and direct her in her life and she is now so excited about her new job and I am going to be one of the teachers that works with her next year!

Our Precious Prayer Princess


9 comments:

KK said...

Great post! Love the pic of Annie! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I remember my prayer time before bed when I was her age; my mom was always the long pray-er :-) My dad kept it to the point (but effective, I'm sure)
-Josh

mamamia said...

What a great post! I love A's prayer, and what an encouraging story about prayer in your life!

TK said...

This is Awesome! I was just reading in my devotions about putting on the "Full Armor of God" Ephesians 6:10-18

If you believe in God and Heaven and Hell then you must believe that spiritual warfare is real. and the only weapon against it is the power of God. And the only way to face it daily is to arm yourself with His word and by Prayer!

Pray for yourselves and for all those you know who are His. We as family need to comfort encourage, and most of all honor the one who made us family. He is there for us always and all we have to do is seek Him.

Pray for someone today who God lays on your heart, like Annabelle did tonight!
I just prayed for you all!
love you,
Mom
ps....praying Annabelle grows into a Godly "prayer warrior!"

Anonymous said...

that is a precious prayer. Great job at teaching her to talk to the Father at such a young age!

[Kelly] said...

TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Oh DD I love this : ). Love it so much I can't stand it! I am so thankful for these precious teachable moments with your baby! She is so beautiful. I love that new picture of her. I really, really LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

PS You have had 9,996 visitors.... How cool is that? Who will be the 10,000?

Anonymous said...

Q is a VERY hard letter to do! Can't wait to see yours!