Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sauder's Village

You may not know this about me, but I am really fascinated by history, particularly the 18oos. I think it all began in 8th grade when I went to Old Bedford Village on a class field trip. I loved that time period and always thought it would have been so cool to live back then. So anytime I hear of a place like this I want to go. If you are faithful blog reader you might remember that Josh took me to Colonial Williamsburg for my 30th birthday in June.

That history brings me to Sauder's Village. Since we moved here I have wanted to go to Sauder's Village. We actually tried going for my birthday one year, but my birthday fell on a Monday and they are closed on Mondays! I was telling my friend, Sarah, at school who actually works there in the summer and she gave us two free admission tickets! Josh and I set yesterday aside as our day to go and let me tell you I was anxiously anticipating our trip! Can I just tell you my dream retirement job would be to work at one of these places! Thank you, Sarah!

By the way I hear there is a colonial place in MI, so that is next! What places have you been to that I can add to my list?


This is Sarah who gave us the tickets
Here is a video montage Josh made of our day!
(You may want to hit play and then the pause button to wait for the video to load all the way first)

11 comments:

[Kelly] said...

Love teh video at the end! Looks like you guys had a great time! Annabelle is adorable!! I like when she is eating! And i love her HAT!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the video, Annabelle is so cute. Glad to see she is still wearing the oat and hat and gloves. Did you like the village, were there alot of kids there? Josh did you remember going there? We went with your class once and Dad and I took you once.
Thank you for blogging
Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

Loved the email notification. You are so brilliant : )! This place looked great. My parents took us to Greenfield Village in Michagan when I was in Junior High. I don't think I appreciated it at the time, but now I would LOVE to go : )! Glad you had such a nice day yesterday.

TK said...

....that must have been animal paradise for Annabelle! I love her red jacket and hat! Wish I had her energy!!! What were they doing with the cornstalks? Were they blowing glass too? Do you remember going to Corning to see them blow glass? It was so awesome to watch!..
One of my favorite places to visit when i was in elementary school, was O'd Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. It reminds me of this place.
http://www.osv.org

Anonymous said...

How kind of Sarah!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Loved the video, annabelle is a busy bee!!

Jordan said...

During 3rd grade we went to Sauder's on a field trip (my mom also went!) and I LOVED it! I'm like you and really enjoy the 1800's also. I'm so glad that you guys got to go! I haven't been in forever and can't remember much about it except that I really liked it!

KK said...

That place is awesome. So kid friendly! Joshua enjoyed watching the video. He kept saying "I want to go there" He like the train and the moooing cow...lol

KK said...

Oh ya, I love Annie's coat and hat. She is way too cute!

Anonymous said...

I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in Bedford. Some of my fondest memories are going there with my family when I was a kid. I hope to some day take my own family there.

Anonymous said...

Danielle, you know ABC Wednesday gets up and running at like 2:00 PM : ). For real. I always laugh because is so early. One week it was up on Monday. Truly : ). You just gotta love older people! You know I do : )! Sofia was a ladybug. I can't wait to see Annabelle's costume. I also can't wait to see your O pictures. Get to it! Oh, and did you see how Kaishon had a gun pointed to peoples heads at the nursing home? Yeah, I am a really terrific mom! Gee Willagins!

MOMMYXTHREE said...

-Love the video! What a cool place to go in the fall w/the corn husking.....I want to go now :(
-It reminded me of Sturbridge -Village in Massachusetts too.....I love that place!
-Love the hat and coat
- I saw glass blowing in VT wasn't that cool!