Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Safe and Sensitive

As a parent one of the most enjoyable things Josh and I do is just watch Annabelle. Yesterday we had a family day since I had the day off of school. We went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping and we stopped at the play area for a while to let Annabelle play.

Two things Josh and I observed were that Annabelle is safe and sensitive. First, you can tell she is safe because she will only go down the slide on her belly. As she watched the other children she tried to go down on her bottom, but the whole time she went down she held onto the side of the slide. The second thing we noticed was she was sensitive to others. She watched others carefully and waited for them to be done with something before she played on it. One example was they had these cars (you'll see them in the video) and a couple of times she went to go play in one and someone else was in it. She waited there until they were done and then went in it, the whole time not complaining.

Sweet Story: Last night we were all doing our own thing when she started calling Daddy. She went and got him, then she started calling me. I came to them and she started pulling us, at this point we were now all holding hands. We thought she was just playing a game, but no! She pulled us all the way into the big room by the couches and then picked up a movie. She wanted all three of us to watch a movie together. So we made popcorn and did just that!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO precious! She was so sweet in the play zone. I like the family story, it is so true children love to be with their parents it mades them feel safe and loved. You are such wonderful parents:)
Love you Mom

Jordan said...

Love the video! She's so cute. What movie did she want you guys to watch with her? She reminds me of you Danielle!! :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! The picture of her with her paci reminded me of Kara!

KK said...

She is so sweet in every way!
p.s. I love her outfit!

Anonymous said...

I loved this video! She is too cute. I also love the play place. Your mall has that? Wow, super fun!

Anonymous said...

Awe how sweet! She is so cute and sounds like a lot of fun!! How is school going for Josh?

Anonymous said...

Hey bug a boo : ). I haven't done my R yet for ABC Wednesday yet. R should be easy, right? I have NO idea what to do this week. I need your brilliant mind here to help me. Want to fly to PA and visit? Hope your day is smashing at school!

Anonymous said...

Update: Annbelle blew the "safe" aspect of this out of the water the next day when she went down the slide head-first, multiple times.
-Josh

TK said...

Wowa the last pic looks just like Kara! Can't wait to see you all!