Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Independent Individual

I is for Independent Individual
ABC Wednesday


Annabelle has really been wanting her independence lately. Her favorite statement is, "I do, I do". Here are somethings she has been doing...

  1. She has been trying to put her pants on herself, but after getting both legs in the same pant leg and getting extremely frustrated she asks for help.
  2. When brushing her teeth now she finally knows the routine. The other night as we sat her down to brush her teeth the first thing she said to me was, "You do first." I was so impressed! Every night up until that point I would have to remind her that Mommy brushes first than Annabelle.

  3. She is able to unlock the door, even the dead bult and can turn the knob and go out by herself...this one is a bit scary.

  4. When we read books at night she wants to read the books now instead of having us reading them to her. We have had to start to say, "Mommy/Daddy first and then Annabelle."

  5. She has decided to potty train herself. After trying I gave up and last week she asked her dad and went several times for him throughout the week. She only went once for me! She is NOT officially trained yet, but she took the initiative.
  6. Yesterday she had this converstaion with her dad.

Annie: I wanna see mommy.
Dad: She's at school.
Annie: Why?
Dad: So she can make money.
After some thought....Annie: Oh... I wanna make money.

**See she already wants to make money, how independant is that!

These videos are especially for Aunt Britt. If you'd like to see where Annabelle gets, "Oh man, oh ya" and "Sneaky Beak" from you can check out Britt's blog post of Joshy. Annabelle loves watching these videos of Joshy and has fun copying him.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this!!! She is great!

TK said...

Oh Man Oh Ya! Sneaky Beak! This kid is hilarious and I smiled at #3, the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree DD! You were the same way and It scared me too! I'll pray she stays safe!
Love,
mom

KK said...

LOl...too funny!

Anonymous said...

She is so ridiculously adorable : ). She always makes me smile! I am glad she wants to make money... WOW : ). Hope your day was blissful!

mamamia said...

too cute! I love all of the things they like to do! I am impressed she potty trained herself. She needs to come spend time with Lenora!

[Kelly] said...

SO FUNNY!! Britt will love that!