Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not a Nickel

N is for Not a Nickel,but a Penny!
ABC Wednesday




It happened around 8:45 Sunday morning while I was changing her diaper and getting her ready for church. I knew she had money in her hand, but all of a sudden she put it in her mouth. I told her to take it out and being the two year old she is, she swallowed it! She choked on it and I tried to do the heimlich maneuver, but by then she started coughing so I knew then that it was officially swallowed.

I called Josh at church. He came home and we went to the ER, where they X-rayed her and it was already in her stomach. At the time she did it I knew she had either a penny or a nickel in her hand. But when they Xrayed the doctor thought it was either a nickel or a quarter because of the size of it! So at the time we figured it must be a nickel, since I knew that was one of the coins she had in her hand.

Well, she finally passed it this morning and it was a penny, NOT a nickel. I've never been so thankful to change a diaper. There was a chance, a very small one, that they would have to surgically remove it if it had gotten stuck. I was kind of glad I had the past two days off to keep an eye on her and her movements. I'd hate for daycare to have to do that!

What I find interesting is that through the digestion process the penny lost most of its copper as you can see.

Here is our precious Piggy Bank!
(Photo credits to my Mom)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Danielle! That is too crazy. TOO CRAZY for words. Kaish never did that. I am so glad she is fine and dandy now. She is such a doll! Your Mom did a lovely edit of her picture : ). Dazzling.

britt said...

well..she wanted to make money... and through this process she sort of did!! :-) i love that kid. great pic of her!!!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

Oh my, that sweetie is to cute.
I remeber I also swallowed a coin when I was a little girl. Happy for you that everything turned out just fine :)

Anonymous said...

Britt that was so funny!
I am so glad it came out.
Teresa great pictures!!
Have a great time everyone!
Love Mom

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Awesome "N" post! Glad everything worked out. She's a beautiful little girl! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Jordan said...

Silly Annabelle! I'm glad that it was a penny and not a nickel! =]

gone to the dogs said...

What a story to tell her when she is older. A very unique N post.

mamamia said...

and she is a very precious piggy bank indeed! very cute story! Glad she is Ok now!

Carol said...

It's always something new with children...glad she's OK and no surgery...she is a cutie!!

Jay said...

I'm glad the penny passed with no problems!

One of my sons did this larking around with his pocket money one week. It passed, as these things do. LOL!

Anonymous said...

wow! four kids and I have never had to deal with that! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

DD! I can't believe you had a cookout at the park last night because we did too : ). I guess, now that I think about it, probably billions of families had cookouts at the park last night since the weather was so brilliant. I am still glad to know we were both doing the same thing! Camera batteries are SUCH a pain, arent't they? Ay yi yi! Have a blessed Sunday!

KK said...

So glad I was there to witness "What goes in must come out" LOL....so glad everything went okay!

TK said...

THANKS SHARON!
I'M GLAD THE COIN RETURNED TO IT'S RIGHTFUL OWNER, MR PIG!
LOVE YOU,
MOM