Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Creative Captivity

Annabelle really loves to crawl, but we want her to be able to play by herself. We try to put her in the pack n play a little bit each day, but she is starting to outgrow it. So yesterday I called Once Upon a Child, a store that sells gently used items. I've been calling for a couple of weeks asking if they have any play yards, and they have not. Well yesterday we tried again and they had one and it was for the PERFECT price! Afterwards Josh and I looked up the price of this on amazon and it is going for $99 brand new with only 4 of the pieces. Annabelle's has 8 total pieces, which would have cost about $200 and we paid less than a 1/4 of that price! She loves it and now we feel good about having a safe place for her to crawl and explore!

This is just a pic we took of Annabelle the other day!
As you can see she is holding 2 pacifiers and would
alternate all 3 in her mouth! It was so cute!


We put it in our bedroom, since our
bonus room has to be heated separately.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny! She is adorable! Also, I really love that big gated area you have for her! She must love her freedom! :-) Is she saying any words yet?

TK said...

what a fun play area!!! good deal dd! i noticed the fleece i made her in the crib, does she use it much?
love,
mom

Laura Siegrist said...

she's so cute! i like the play yard idea...ari is good in her pack & play still, but she loves to crawl as well. maybe i'll take your idea and start looking in consignment shops. let me know next time you're coming to PA! our babies have to meet!

Kristy Lynn said...

Ha Ha Ha!

I'll post pictures of Kady's GATED COMMUNITY! Thats what we call it...if she doesn't get locked up tight she'll end up down the street and around the corner. This kid can crawl!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea, she gets to explore and move around while being safe. I love the outfits on her. Has she worn the jeans and pink top yet or the brown dress.
I miss her so much.
Love to you all Mom

Anonymous said...

that is great - it is nice that you got a great price and you are able to let her have her freedom

MOMMYXTHREE said...

I LOVE HOW SHE ROTATES THE PACIFIRES....WHAT A CUTE PERSONALITY :)