Featured Post - Allergy Elimination Journey

Allergy Answered Prayer

Today is a big day in our household. After 2 1/2 years of struggling with allegies our baby boy is Allergy FREE! This is our journey to hea...

Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 days until Christmas

Today starts the 12 days of Christmas . This year Josh and I aren't doing it for eachother, but here is Annabelle's gift and a video of her recieving it. I'll be honest I was a little shocked at her reaction to the gift because at the store when she saw this she was screaming, "Dora, Dora".

By the way, would anyone like to give a little parenting advice? Meal times have become extremely difficult. Would you say if she doesn't want to eat what you are eating to not let her get up until she eats or let her down and let her eat the meal when she is hungry?



So I took this quiz online...lol...I'd say it was pretty accurate...look what I gave my daughter tonight!

You Are a Practical Gift Giver




Your gifts are useful, appropriate, and custom tailored to each person.

In your opinion, the best gifts are gifts that someone will actually use.

Your gifts may not be the most glamourous, but they are always appreciated.



13 comments:

KK said...

Very cute! I didn't know she even knew who Diago was...lol! Joshy loves Diago too!
Love her long ponytail!

TK said...

She ls so cute! Love her little voice!

KK said...

I'm sure you will get many opinions on this one. I would say at that age I would let her down and let her eat it later. But, try not to feed her any snack or drinks too close to dinner or she won't be hungry. Now if she was a little older like 4 or 5 I would make her eat so many bites of each thing on her plate. Let me know how things turn out...Josh gets like that and Kara was like that too when she was younger and the advise I gave to you is what I did with my kids...

KK said...

I was a creative gift giver...cool

Anonymous said...

One look at that belly and you wonder why we're trying to cram more food down her throat.
-Josh

Anonymous said...

Josh cracks me up : ).

Kaish used to just pick at his food during his two's and three's. He liked staying at the table though beause he loved being around my parents : ).

My best friends daughter Sofia never eats at any meal at the table. She just turned 2. Jen gets super frustrated.

Anonymous said...

i hope you post a video for every gift she opens for 12 days...

Anonymous said...

I love the 12 days of Christmas.You are making such sweet traditions.
I think KK's advise about the eating is very wise.
Love Mom

MOMMYXTHREE said...

I agree let her eat when she's ready...no snacks or juice before dinner or until some form of dinner is eaten...Ari eats on the run sometimes....she'll out grow it...just continue to offer her a spot at the table :)

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh! It's V day and I was SO sure you would be one of the first entrants this week! The ever popular letter V : ). Do any of her gifts have a V?

Sofia was at the Pediatrician this week and the Dr. said that a 2 year old girl only needs 2 tablespoonfuls of food a day. WHAT? He said she will keep growing just fine as long as she has 2 spoonfuls. Interesting!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you and Josh and Annabelle all day today! I just prayed for you : ). Hope you are doing well! Love ya!

Joe Martino said...

So typically, it is sort of socially taboo for Dad's to offer advice on these types of issues but let me throw my .02 cents into the fray. I think encouraging her to stay at the table is a plus but making her eat is probably a battle you don't have to fight. Why do you think she doesn't want to eat then? Is it because a favorite T.V. show is on? Because she wants to play? Or because she had a snack too close to supper? Or some other reason that I haven't even thought of? Do what your comfortable doing. My guess is that she will grow out of it and she's just a mix of full and distracted at dinner time. Everything every day is new to her at this age.
Well, have fun.

Christy said...

With Logan, we push him back from the table if he won't eat it but make him stay there awhile while we eat. Then no snacks until the next meal so he's hungry. With Hannah, we tell her to try three bites of everything since she's able to understand that. Then she can get down but she won't get dessert or a snack at the end unless she finishes her food. I know I'm a bit late here, so I hope you still see this! Happy New Year! :)